Welcome

"but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
~Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Happy Birthday Alexandria!!

I cannot believe it has been a year already!  Makes me want to do it all over again just so that I can live, breathe, smell, touch, and hear all of it much more slowly this time.
The first three months were such a blur.  We were so sleep deprived and all I did was nurse and try to get sleep.  I slept a lot on the couch just so that Alexandria could sleep in the swing.  That way I got some sleep and I had the TV for "entertainment" besides her cute face!
I remember the first night home though.  It was tough!  Mike and I traded as best we could (I was the milk supply, the food).  No SLEEP. Gosh she had us smitten though!
Months 4 through 7 were crazy!!  I went back to work and I was sick for three months straight!  So were both of the girls.  Somehow Mike missed a good portion of the sickness.  I honestly didn't know if I would survive.  I wanted so desperately to be at home with both of my girls.  It was pretty much all I could think about.  One of the most heart wrenching things for a momma is to have to leave them with someone else to care for them.  IT'S MY JOB!    
Months 8 through 12 have just been a balancing act.  Being ok with the fact that I am a "career" mom.  Sucks but hey if I want that smart phone or that cute shirt or cable or....  the list goes on so I have to work.  If that darn photography business would just... LOL!  Someday but I do not believe the Lord has that plan for me.  I know I'm called to it but He has a greater purpose for it.  I know, it's brewing.  Wait for it...
Positive side and the less selfish side is my children have a great daycare and they learn sooo much.  Kyrsten has grown leaps and bounds and Alexandria too!  And we are able to set money aside for them to go to college later on.  We are able to have vacations.  We are able to have things I only dreamed of having when I was a kid (mom, dad you did great).  
Parenthood has all kinds of ups and downs, straight lines and curvy lines.  But ALL the good times out weigh ALL the bad times.  It's what builds our character.

ENOUGH of my antics!  WOW!  Alexandria is ONE TODAY!  I am one proud momma!!
I am so excited to see all the years ahead with both of my girls!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Alexandria!  We LOVE you so so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment